Get Stuck on Fabric Fusing!
The #1 most loved brand of double stick fusible web, Steam-A-Seam 2 and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 are back and better than ever making appliqué fun again!! Steam-A-Seam 2 and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 are heat activated pressure sensitive fusible webs. This makes the web sticky and repositionable for easy placement of your appliqué giving you the ability to play with your design before permanently ironing.
You’ll never make a mistake – the last step is to fuse when everything is perfectly in its place! Before fusing, tack your project to a wall or try on a garment to check appliqué placement; you’re able to reposition pieces while you’re wearing them.
Lite Steam-A-Seam is the incomparable lightweight fusible web that bonds the same as Steam-A-Seam 2 but with 1/2 the weight – Perfect for laces, ribbon, silk and chiffon!
Benefits of Using Steam-A-Seam®:
- Repositionable stick
- Bond is strong & permanent
- Leave edges unfinished – will not fray or lift
- Will not gum up your needle
- Machine wash and dry (See Product Care)
- So Easy to Use
- New grid paper aids in tracing
- Easy to see through and write on
- Printer friendly!
Use Steam-A-Seam 2 with different materials & projects:
- No-Sew hems & seams
- Add or repair zippers, pockets, etc.
- Apply lace, ribbon & embellishments
- Durable enough to use with paper, cardboard, wood, glass, etc!
- Machine wash & dry finished projects without fabric softeners or dry clean.
- You may leave edges unfinished, but if you choose to sew through, make sure that the Steam-A-Seam 2® is fully fused with a steam iron – 30+ sec and let set before sewing.
- When laundering, avoid using fabric softener. Fabric softener chemicals erode the fusible web over time.
Tips for Using Steam-A-Seam 2 with Wool
To use Steam-A-Seam 2 or Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 with wool, or any dense and sensitive material, you need to iron press both the front and back of your design. If available, using a steam iron is recommended. Since the “wool” iron setting is a low temperature, you must iron press for a longer amount of time, until the Steam-A-Seam webbing is properly fused. Please use caution as it is possible to burn wool fibers – do not iron press in one area for too long. Press for 45+ seconds and let it set to cool.