Insul-Bright Bolt 22″ x 20 Yards
Too Hot to Handle ~ Too Cold to Hold?
Insul~Bright is a needle-punched, insulating lining ideal for crafters. With today’s focus shifting back to family and home, new and experienced sewers are choosing simple, practical projects for use in their homes and as gifts. Potholders, oven mitts and casserole covers are all ideal projects made functional and safe with Insul-Bright. It consists of polyester fibers, needle-punched through a reflective metalized polyester film. The needled material is breathable and won’t break down with washing. The polyester fibers resist conduction while the reflective metalized polyester film reflects radiant energy, hot or cold, back to its source. The use of cotton batting in hot projects is recommended to absorb steam vapor. When a hot item is introduced to a cooler environment, steam vapor is emitted. This vapor may pass through Insul-Bright but cotton batting will absorb it for a safe oven mitt, table runner, casserole cozy, tea cozy, placemat or any of the other hot projects.
Insul~Bright is not recommended for microwave use.
Insul~Bright can be used in clothing but is a little noisy as the film crinkles when moved. This noise is very attractive to both babies and animals, as they like to scrunch it up in soft books and toys.
- Easy to Use and Sew Through
- Perfect Solution for Temperature Sensitive Projects
- Make Useable Projects for Home & Gifts
- Only One Layer Necessary for Hot and Cold Projects
- Once Quilted, Machine Wash & Dry
Pre-Wash & Care Instructions Note that this step is optional. Insul-Bright will not shrink.
- Hand Wash mild detergent. Do not agitate or spin in washer.
- Soak for 20 minutes, rinse several times.
- Squeeze out water. DO NOT WRING. Rolling in a towel helps.
- Dry in a warm dryer or lay flat to air dry.
If needed, iron completed project on a low setting.
|Dimensions||24 × 16 × 9 in|