Lite Steam-A-Seam 2
Get Stuck on Fabric Fusing!
The #1 most loved brand of double stick fusible web, Steam-A-Seam 2 and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 are back and better than ever making appliqué fun again!! Steam-A-Seam and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 are heat activated pressure sensitive fusible webs. This makes the web sticky and repositionable for easy placement of your appliqué giving you the ability to play with your design before permanently ironing.
You'll never make a mistake - the last step is to fuse when everything is perfectly in its place! Before fusing, tack your project to a wall or try on a garment to check appliqué placement; you're able to reposition pieces while you're wearing them.
Lite Steam-A-Seam is the incomparable lightweight fusible web that bonds the same as Steam-A-Seam 2 but with 1/2 the weight - Perfect for laces, ribbon, silk and chiffon!
Benefits of Using Steam-A-Seam® vs other brands:
- Re-positionable stick;
- Bond is strong & permanent;
- Leave edges unfinished - will not fray or lift;
- Will not gum up your needle;
- Machine wash and dry (See Product Care)
- So Easy to Use and introducing New Benefits:
- New grid paper aids in tracing
- Easy to see through and write on
- Now printer friendly!
Use Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 with different materials & projects:
- Layered Appliqué
- No-Sew hems & seams
- Create perfect quilter's points with 1/4" tapes
- Apply delicate lace, ribbon & embellishments
- Perfect for use with light, sheer fabrics such as silk, chiffon & satin! Prevent these materials from fraying.
- Machine wash & dry finished projects without fabric softners or dry clean.
- You may leave edges unfinished, but if you choose to sew through, make sure that the Steam-A-Seam 2® is fully fused with a steam iron - 30+ sec and let set before sewing.
- When laundering, avoid using fabric softner. Fabric softner chemicals erode the fusible web over time.
5 Easy Steps for Appliqué
Steam iron or pre-wash to remove sizing and other treatments from fabrics for best performance. Always set your iron temperature for the type of fabric you will use. Sewing is not required to finish the edges but if desired, Steam-A-Seam 2 will not gum up your needle. The paper liner makes an ideal tear away stabilizer.
Step 1 - Trace or Print your design onto the grid paper. Before sending it through your ink-jet printer, cut the Steam-A-Seam 2 to size (8.5" x 11"). Do not use with a laser printer.
Step 2 - Peel off the plain release paper and Stick your traced design onto the wrong side of your fabric.
Step 3 - Cut out your design along your traced lines.
Step 4 - Remove the grid paper to reveal the sticky fusible web, now attached to your fabric design. You may finger press and place onto your background fabric. This is a temporary stick and you may play with your design until you are happy with it.
Step 5 - Iron Press for 20+ seconds to activate the fusible web and create a permanent bond. If you would like do a finishing stitch, it's recommended to use a steam iron and to iron press for 30+ seconds.
Tips for Using Steam-A-Seam 2 with Wool
To use Steam-A-Seam 2 or Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 with wool, or any dense and sensitive material, you need to iron press both the front and back of your design. If available, using a steam iron is recommended. Since the "wool" iron setting is a low temperature, you must iron press for a longer amount of time, until the Steam-A-Seam webbing is properly fused. Please use caution as it is posible to burn wool fibers - do not iron press in one area for too long. Press for 45+ seconds and let it set to cool.